[3830] KyQP K1RO SO Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 8 07:58:32 EDT 2020

                    Kentucky QSO Party - 2020

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   11      6
   40:   42     25
   20:   27     16      1
----------------------------
Total:   82     47      1  Mults = 44  Total Score = 11,072

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Score includes 1700 bonus points. Worked KY4KY and K4KCG on 6 band/modes each,
W4NJA on 4 band/modes, and K4MSU only on 20 SSB.

I have never made more than a few contacts in this contest and was pleasantly
surprised by the amount of activity. The weather here was nice during the day,
so I ended up doing some stuff outside and checking back periodically. Had to
shut down for a while early evening when a strong thunderstorm blew through.

I started off low power for the 2X score multiplier, but signals were so weak on
40 that I couldn't work anyone, and so I turned on the amp. Signals on 20 were a
lot better for me than 40 most of the day, but the activity wasn't as strong.

It was nice to have mobiles/rovers to chase again after so many QSO parties this
spring with everyone staying home. 40 was tough, but I managed QSOs with N4TY in
17 of his counties. KM4CH had a great mobile signal on both 40 and 20 -- 9 Qs
and 6 counties. AE8M also had  fine signal and I worked him on SSB a couple
times as well as CW -- 8 Qs and 3 counties.

Thanks to the home stations and mobiles for a fun contest.