[3830] KyQP N8II SO Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 10 19:38:32 EDT 2020

                    Kentucky QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:
   80:   13     11
   40:   45     40
   20:   11      8
----------------------------
Total:   69     59      0  Mults = 49  Total Score = 20,908

I had several interruptions when a lot was happening including the sporadic E
opening around 1430-1730Z when I missed 35 minutes. Activity on 20 was low, the
band was open from here to at least the western 2/3 of KY for at least 2 hours.
I was out of sync with N4TY/M; he seemed to take a big break every few hours and
I missed him when he got back or could not find him right away when he moved to
7056 KHz. I missed 2-3 mults at least that he passed through and about 4 more
Q's in counties I worked otherwise, but still did okay on mults. Thanks to N4TY,
and rovers? John,AE8M, and John, KM4CH for making it interesting. KM4CH did not
attract that much attention despite being near same signal strength as N4TY
here. Perhaps if he had signed KM4CH/cty it would have helped. Conditions on 40
were ideal with a drop off of signals around 23Z, but they were back at 01Z. The
QRN on 80 from storms was very loud here before the band opened well to KY and
never abated. I struggled to copy stations on SSB, and they struggled to copy me
which reduced the number of Q's. It was so noisy that activity had really
declined at 01Z on 75/80M.

I count 17 bonus QSO's assuming KY4KY on same band/mode but different county
does not count for the bonus. I heard K4KCG calling stations on 80 CW several
times, but never heard a CQ. Thanks for all of the QSO's; I was hoping for more,
but I did notice a lot of enthusiasm from the KY stations who took part.

73, Jeff