[3830] DRCG RTTY W4YY(@W4RN) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 13:53:07 EDT 2020

                    DRCG WW RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: W4YY
Operator(s): AA5AU KU1CW W4RN
Station: W4RN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA USA
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   80:
   40:  112     DXC         15
   20:  230      42         16
   15:   15      10          3
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  357      80         34  Total Score = 714,096

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another Totally Remote Multi-Op effort.

AA5AU-Don operated the station from Metarie, Louisiana (nr New Orleans)
K2GO-Tom operated the station from Incheon, S. Korea (nr Seoul)
W4RN-Mike operated the station from his kitchen table (upstairs from shack)
No one actually operated from the shack.

A great contest.  We all enjoyed the fray.  Some real sourpusses wanted to
fight over working dupes.  When will dupelodykes stop wasting time fighting over
dupes and, just work 'em?

We also need to get people to stop:

1. Sending everything twice unless they run a
real pipsqueak station.  Send stuff once.  If other stations keep asking for
fills, ur sig sucks and you should then increase to two x for other guys call
and ur exchange.  Colossal time wasting and useless QSL QSL and TU TU etc.  This
is a contest.  Keep it short.  Keep it clean.  Make points.  That is the goal.

2. Answering a CQ with their call and their Exchange. It is infuriating, breaks
the flow and creates a QRM mess if more than two stations answer a CQ call.

We Baudot Boys are getting almost as good at operating RTTY as those smokin',
snappy guys on FTx.

Thanks for the Qs and Mults.  We had fun!

We are hoping someone will soon activate the new DXCC entity of Chaz.