[3830] ARRL June VHF WD6T SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 23:01:03 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: Berkeley
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

    2:   65     4
  222:
  432:   15     3
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  173    20  Total Score = 3,760

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday was great, open to the whole Southeast.  This weekend... not a peep.
Well, one short opening to NM lasted 15 minutes. "If it weren't for bad
prop., I wouldn't have no prop. at all."

A hill to the east and all-compromise, all-omni, all-the-time antennas here
didn't help: 440/2m vertical thrown (literally) into a tree, 2 stacked horiz.
loops for 2m SSB and a low band 1/2 sloper loaded up for 6m. 200w on 6, 100w on
2m SSB, 50w on 2m FM and 20w on 440.  Special thanks to WA6JYU and W6XU for
pulling me out of the noise on 432.1; they were definitely doing the lifting.
Managing three radios kept the boredom at bay, at least somewhat, as did direct
messaging fellow ops.

A fair amount of confusion on calling frequencies with people who couldn't hear
each other, but I guess that's par for the course.