[3830] ARRL June VHF NR4O Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 23:32:00 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC - FM05

    2:    1     1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  174   100  Total Score = 17,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't expect to spend as much time on this one as I did.  Rates weren't very
good and at times very disappointing. It was frustrating at times hearing quite
a few stations and not being heard with my LP and simple Moxon antenna.  On the
positive side added many new grid squares to my 6M count and a couple new
countries.  Highlight was getting called by a UK station Saturday afternoon.  I
was watching the FT8 decodes and seeing my FM05 neighbors working several
Europeans that I was just not hearing. So, I was thrilled to work a couple
Europeans that was a first for me on 6M.

There were a few glitches with FT8 sequencing.  I'm sure there will be several
NILs generated by this contest.  I'm pretty sure I got calls I responded too and
the other station got my confirmation, but I never got theirs.  Likewise, there
seemed to a few that I logged and I question whether the other station received
my confirmation.  The auto-sequencing sometimes moved forward and made it
difficult to backup and resend the proper response. We'll see when the logs
reports come out.

Thanks for all the Q's and the new grids.

73,
Eric - NR4O