[3830] ARRL June VHF N7IR SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 23:52:22 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

    2:   49     7
  222:
  432:   43     7
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  256    89  Total Score = 26,611

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

6 meters finally opened into the western states during the last couple of hours
of the contest.  My highest rates of the contest were on CW.  SSB was second.
FT8 was so slow that I almost quit before the opening got strong enough to go to
more sane operating modes.  Digital modes have their place in contests but they
are not good for generating rate.  Too damn many people crammed in a tiny part
of the spectrum is not good for the hobby or our sanity.

Thanks to the Arizona Rover Swarm for braving the triple digit temperatures to
give out contacts on the upper bands.  N7GP, KJ7JC, N7DSX, N7OW and K7AMB, take
a bow gentlemen!

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.

73
Gary, N7IR