[3830] ARRL June VHF N0SNN(K7BG) Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 15 11:40:52 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N0SNN
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: N0SNN

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EN05
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   4     4
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   4     4  Total Score = 16

Club: Great Places Contest Club (GPCC)

Comments:

Went camping near Aberdeen, SD with the grandkids and was planning on bringing
some gear up to do a more serious operation, but then I realized I wouldn't very
popular with the troups if I spent too much time on the radio. I ended up just
taking an old IC-502 QRP rig and used a 5/8 wave 2 meter mobile antenna mounted
on the truck hood. Ended up working 4 stations in 4 grids on ssb from EN05 using
that monster setup. We got back home around 5 pm and I made 90 qsos in the last
few hours from home. All but 4 were on FT modes running 35 watts into an all
band OCF dipole up 30 feet at the apex. FT8 is like watching paint dry compared
to FT4 and FT4 is like watching paint dry compared to cw, but it was a fun
experience.

73,

Matt N0SNN (op:K7BG)