[3830] ARRL June VHF K6RO SO 3Band HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 17 16:30:16 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO 3Band HP
QTH: LAX

    2:   61     6
  222:
  432:   36     5
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  343    54  Total Score = 18,522

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I really never intended to do this contest for 18 hours,but when N6GP sent out
an email to our club reminding us to get on,I said..what the heck.
No preparation ,but jumped in on 6m FT8 to start..then to 6m ssb...had a nice
run there,and back to ft8.
When I was on ssb,many guys asked me for 2m and 440...I said I didn't have those
bands.
But on Sunday,I grabbed my 2m/440 mobile rig,and started to make q's
there...only had FM,but that was better than nothing. I spent Sunday rotating
between 6m ft8,ssb,and asking everyone to move to my FM bands.Was kinda fun ..2
different radios on separate benches..2 logging programs..that was a mess..
Anyway..I had a great time playing radio.
I only took one 3 hour tennis break on Sunday morning,and quit the contest 1
hour early to take Sharon out to dinner...our first sit down dinner in over 2
months.
I think I have a good location for VHF contests,and now I am thinking of getting
an IC9700 so I can do fm and ssb in the next one.
Any other radios that are better ? or have 6m also ?
Probably will need a dual band 2m/440 yagi also.
I ran about 600 watts on 6m..not sure if I needed that,or if 100 watts would
have brought the same results.
I found out after the contest that the 3 band category is only low power..so I
need to think about this before September.
Thanks to Bruce WA7BNM for merging my 2 logs,and a few other guys that helped me
with other things.
I hope to do this contest in September...will the conditions be the same ? or
typically better ? I hope better as my 6m grid total was not good.
I have not done a VHF contest since 1996,so I have no clue..lots of reading to
do before I do this one again.
Thanks for the q's.
My score may change,as these results were from the ARRL upload site,which didn't
take out any dupes.
Larry k6ro

K3
KPA1500