[3830] WVQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Single OpMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 21 14:53:13 EDT 2020

                    West Virginia QSO Party - 2020

Call: OM2VL
Operator(s): OM2VL
Station: OM8A

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   12
   40:   16     28
   20:   15     11
----------------------------
Total:   43     39      0  Mults = 38  Total Score = 5,934

Club: Slovak Contest Group

Comments:

4th time taked part on the WV QP, this year only for the points for the QP
Challenge.
  The condx was very bad. On 20m  I heard only some stations who called N8OYY/M,
but here unfortunately no any whisper.
  Fortunately W8OP/M was also on 20m from each county and he had good signal on
CW.
Later 20m opened and was open till 04:30Z also to the West Coast, but
unfortunately no any station called me from WV.
  Unfortunately the 3rd mobile NB3A (same as during VA QP in March) was only on
40m SSB
and on the part of the band where EU can't transmit ... :( I missed so many QSOs
because
of this and when no DX category it is extremly big handicap for EU stations.

My score is more than 4x higher than in 2017, but I heard in pileups all USA QP
BIG GUNs who can work 40/80m SSB + NB3A/M so for me no chance win this year.

  Thanks to Ed - N8OYY/M - I worked 3 new counties (Calhoun, Clay, Webster /
missed Tucker).
I still need Fayette, Tucker, Tyler, Wetzel counties.

W8WVA bonus station worked on: 80m CW, 40m CW/SSB, 20m CW/SSB.

Most QSO's: [QSO/CTY]
18/11 W8OP/M
14/14 N8OYY/M

5/3 W8WVA.

Resident stations:
(5): N4RA, N8II, WA8KAN
(4): WB8III
(3): K8WV, WT8WV.

Thank you very much for the QSOs, especially for stations who called me on 20m
and 40m SSB. Please your paper QSLs for my awards!

73, Laci OM2VL