[3830] All Asian CW KH6CJJ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 21 21:03:54 EDT 2020

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii

   80:    6     6
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  287   148  Total Score = 43,808

Club: Maui ARC

Comments:

Non-Asian stations have no low power category, so I had to work high power with
only 200 watts.  That's tough against the big guys.  Propagation to the Far East
during the day was very poor, so this was mainly a night time effort.
Two-thirds of my contacts were made Friday night from 2000 to 0100 Hawaiian time
(0600-1100Z).  Typical of the rest of the time was my last hour in which I made
one contact!

Although typical ages were in the 50 to 80 range, it was great to hear many
younger ops including two 15 and one 19-year-olds.  The oldest age I heard was
91!

A tough weekend, but I always enjoy the hunt!  Thanks for the Qs...Kent