[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3OIL/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 24 11:08:18 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: VE3OIL/R
Operator(s): VE3OIL
Station: VE3OIL/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:   21    11
  2.3:   17    10
  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:   14     8
  10G:   12     9
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  322   160  Total Score = 102,400

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My travels took me out of the OVHFA circle and I noted a club eligible score of
70375.

Six opened nicely Saturday and Sunday evening.  The openings went to similar
areas but had different characteristics.  The peaks were often about as strong
but Saturday seemed to have more fading.  Stations would be up and down in 90
seconds more stable on Sunday.  Mode was switched between SSB and FT8 as
propagation warranted and the rig allowed; it sometimes 'took off' and did not
co-operate.

The weather was not overly hot and may have lead to tropo if the wind had died
down.  There was no sign of rain.

Local activity seemed a little low but that may have been an accident of timing
and location.  There is evidence of regrowth of locals across the lake.  I also
missed some of the usual suspects to the south and east of me, I am working on
that.

For whatever reason the shad flies were not out yet, they seemed to have
appeared after the contest, made for a less chunky windscreen on the way home.