[3830] ARRL FD NC6K 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 14:26:29 EDT 2020

                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: 1D LP
QTH: SDG

  160:
   80:   24             42
   40:  139             44
   20:  303     3       19
   15:                   2
   10:
    6:                  14
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  466     3      121  Total Score = 2,354

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ah, Field Day. The chance to join others in a blissful outdoor location for 24
hours of uninterrupted radio fun. Not this year... Ran 1D from home station due
to COVID-19 local restrictions. I was going to try 1E, but didn't want to fire
up my 8 kW generator and irritate the family and neighbors. So much for
preparedness.

The usual "interesting" stuff on the bands, but conditions on 20 M and
down were good for making a ton of contacts. As always, 6 M was pretty useless
here for most of the weekend. I sure do know my local ham friends' calls by now
- you can only see them CQing for so many hours before they get burned into your
memory. There was also the excitement of listening to folks attempt to use bugs
and straight keys for the first time in a half-century. Nothing like a station
sending the error dits ten or so times during their exchange.

I did get to get OTA and hand out almost 500 Qs on CW and FT4/FT8. I made 3 SSB
QSOs on 20 M before I remember why I detest phone contests. The QRM, doubling
stations and failure to listen (only a few stations) really made it an
unpleasant experience for me. I went back to CW after five minutes.

I did get to use my VHF Winlink setup to send radiograms via RF, so at least
that was in the spirit of FD for Emcomm. It's nice to know I have that backup
for when the Intrawebs go down.

Anyway, a good time was had by all (me). Thanks to everyone for the Qs and
hoping we get outside in groups by FD 2021.

73 de NC6K