[3830] ARRL FD AE0EE 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 16:25:37 EDT 2020

                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: MN

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   25     0       0  Total Score = 250

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

QRP Kits PFR-3B CW radio running 5 W, 40 m dipole up 6 m, keyed on an iambic
paddle.  Sections worked: 16.

Sunday morning I took the QRP setup to the local park before other people got
the idea that it was going to be a nice morning.  It took 50 minutes between
heading out the door to being on the air (including 20 minutes to walk to the
park).  I operated for 2.5 hours while sitting under a nice tree.

The band seemed to be in okay condition, but there was a lot of rapid fading,
and stations that were strong one moment would be quite weak on their next
transmission.

Activity seemed pretty high, and I ended up having to wait for lots of 1D
stations to work each other.  While I tried calling CQ a few times, I had little
luck even when the frequency seemed open.  Looking on Reverse Beacon, it seems
that my signal was generally weak when spotted (5-7 dB), but there was one spot
at 39 dB.

It was fun to operate from the park again.  Tearing down and walking home took
only 40 minutes.  Overall, things worked as intended, and it was a good
exercise.