[3830] ARRL FD KU6F 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 22:26:42 EDT 2020

                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: KU6F
Operator(s): KU6F
Station: KU6F

Class: 1D LP
QTH: CA

   20:   0      11      0
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0      11      0  Total Score = 11

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Field Day 2020; The Home Edition.
If Field Day is to practice message handling and station assembly under
difficult conditions, I WIN!  Everything went wrong, but I persevered.  In my
wee HOA townhouse patio, 18' mast doesn't fit tripod, strap to fence post,
missing coax adapters, drive to Elmer's house, borrow adapters, tune buddi pole
to 1.2 on 20 and 15.  Tuner dead, K3 mic doesn't work, yes I ran through both
manuals and reset all menus, no joy.  Bear's rig too heavy, Jan's rig AWOL.
Brava to Miriam Marlin who wandered into a Texas HRO 2 years ago and sent me a
Kenwood TS-480 SAT.  Out of the box for it's first adventure to save field day!
It was like being a brand new ham, so thrilled when I got on the air and made my
first QSO!