[3830] NAQP RTTY N6ZFO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 02:24:30 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:30

   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  289   104  Total Score = 30,056

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Comments:  Seems like everything is falling apart here, even the dishwasher.
Well at least the cars are running, the op is doing well, and the '19 wine seems
to be aging and oaking gracefully.  Antennas and rig.-- not so good.

After ARRL DX CW the FT-1000MP-MkV developed a fault in which the A/B antenna
circuits are attenuated 40dB on receive, but OK on transmit.  So I was forced to
use the 950' NE/SW Beverage for receiving on 20m.  At least the recent amp
failure did not effect this contest.

Conditions seemed good, particularly on 40m, but also in the short time I was on
20m.  The 80m band was a struggle; unlike 40 and 20m there's nowhere to expand
RTTY during a contest.  Never did get a good run going on 80m.  Probably the
only time I've worked the DC mult on 80m RTTY, 4U1WB.  The non-W/VE mults were
KP4 and C6 and VE2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 were contacted. Kent, KH6CJJ appeared
surprisingly early on 80m.

Good to see an unusally large number of YL's in the RTTY NAQP; Donna, Val, Conny
(?), Bambi, Susan and Deb.

73 Bill n6zfo