[3830] NAQP RTTY W0LSD Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 11:53:49 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total:  963   162  Total Score = 156,006

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team:

Comments:

I decided a few weeks ago that with my 75th birthday coming up in March, I need
to do an all out effort in this contest. Being a stateside contest, I would have
a chance at a decent score. For me, I redefined BIC! Never left the chair for 10
hours to eat and only one bathroom break. No distractions and did everything
ahead of time to make sure the equipment worked, which it did. I was hoping for
some good things on 15, but 15 was flat and that enabled a few CQs on 10 meters
which turned into 4 mults with some short skip. I left 15 with the second radio
very early for 40 meters,and there were no great rates, but certainly better
than 15.
Probably 90% was running with very little S&P since the rates were just
constantly up there. Never turned the beams, left them East/West for entire
contest. Missed  WY and ND. To top off the day, after the contest I tuned to 160
meters and worked the VP8PJ on FT8. That capped a fun Saturday.

Thanks for all the Qs and patience.

Equipment: IC7600, IC756PRO3, (IC746PRO for 10 meters)
Antennas: tribander at 90' and STEPPIR at 48' 2 elements on 40 at 90', tribander
to JA at 50', 3 element 10 meter beam.
computers networked with Writelog 12.34.
All this at 8,800 feet ASL.