[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 4 15:10:17 EST 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 4

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  121  Mults = 116  Total Score = 14,036

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A minute before the start I had no power out of the Flex. Just changed software
yesterday!  "Band inhibit" and all I did was check between 40 and 20.
 It also went into full break in mode.  Jeez what quality. Had to power of the
6600 and Maestro and restart.

Still finding the rig stayed in TX with no RX signals.  Started on 40. Raising
the antenna seemed to help.  Lots of W4, K7RL came booming in.  VE6JF was in
there too.  W1WEF was loud, just like in the morning session.  VE3 was finally
loud.  W9 was weak.  At 1321Z had 45 QSOs.  At 1330Z had 64 QSOs.  At 1345Z had
95 QSOs.  Went to 20 at 1948Z.  Took a while to get established.  Nobody came
back to CQs, then got better.  Some nice DX called in from the Caribbean
(getting ready for the ARRL DX SSB) and EA8OM,  ZS1C, but no Europeans in the
log.  I might have benefited from going to 20 a bit earlier because I was
scrounging for contacts on 40 before I made the band change near the end.