[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 19:58:02 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 15:09

  160:    5     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  540   219  Total Score = 354,780

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, JK midtri40 @ 65', Inverted Vee (80), Inveted L (160), N1MM+

I knew going in that this would not be a cometive contest.  Too many
distractions.  All QSO's were S&P.

Started about 5 hours into contest on low bands.  Seemed like the conditions
were not too bad. Then Saturday, got on 20 meters late into European opening and
still did fairly well.  Lots of activity and attendant noise/QRM.  Found a few
souls on 15 and quickly worked the band out.  Stood down in late afternoon/early
evening.

Started back up around 0400Z on the low bands.  Still lots of activity but prety
much the same stations.  Plugged along doing S&P.  Satuday night I took a
listen on 160 and found some SSB stations below 1830.  But the big story was the
9J2LA on CW working up.  Lots of stations calling him.

Much of my focus was finding countries I have not worked yet this year.  Found a
couple and got a QSO.  So, that made this a bit more enjoyable.

Sunday afternoon turned up a DS3 and KH2 on 20 meters along with a good amount
of JA's.  10 meters never materialized here.  Tried moving TI7W frpm 20 amd 15 a
couple of times to no avail.  15 meters was a disappointment.

Pileups were not difficult to get through most of the time. As they say,
"Big dogs eat first."

Another fun contest to root around in.

Thanks for all the stations that copied me an gave a report.

73,
Russ - K0VXU