[3830] ARRLDX SSB NW6P SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 20:58:54 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): W6FB W9KKN NW6P WX5S
Station: NW6P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

  160:    0     0
   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total:  945   225  Total Score = 637,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always, special thanks to Tom/NW6P for the hospitality and use of the
station!

First of all, congrats on stellar performances by our friends Dan/N6MJ at TI7W,
K6AM, N6WIN, K6AM at ZF1A, NN1C at K1KM, and K8PGJ (and team)@PJ2T!

Originally I was only going to join this contest casually, saying hi to a few
friends here and there -- but at the last minute, we managed to form a casual
M/S effort @ NW6P with W6FB and WX5S joining. I remember doing this contest
SOABHP last year, and it was a pretty tough slog from W6. This year was no
different... but at least I was able to share the experience :) The best rate
the whole contest was 67/hr if that gives you any idea, but on average, much
much less than that.

Managed to get most of our action on 40m, but some local noise sources (some
new, some not) managed to really put a drag on 15/20m. One of these days I'll
have to track that down, it's not here -- it's a neighbor, and it only seems to
show up when I really need the band to be there.

We tried to hit a 1000 Q's, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Anyway, thanks for the Q's everyone; we all had a good time and looking forward
to seeing you in next one!

--Bill/W9KKN, Jack/W6FB, Matt/WX5S, and Tom/NW6P