[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 21:25:07 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS W7ZB KE7AUB NK7U KR7X N7BEF AA0IZ KI7Y KU1CW KB6MW
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Remote Operation

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1378   262  Total Score = 1,080,750

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well, that's more like it! 2019 this weekend was plagued with solar storm, no
sunspots and redefined 'slog'.  This year started out with a great first night,
strong Asia run on 20, and our best ever performance in to EU on 40m.

Out weak suit here antenna wise is still the low bands, but thanks to Joe NK7U
coming in via our remote to work 80 and 160 both nights from his new Florida
QTH.

Can't thank the crew here enough. Mark W7ZB for his enthusiasm and
relentlessness!  Andy KE7AUB for 'owning' 40 meters here, with his pair of all
nighters on that band.  Almost triple last year's QSO's on 40m.  Bravo!

Great to have visits from Steve N7BEF, a first time visit by Jack AA0IZ, and
freshly licensed Loren W7LRM.

Wouldn't be a contest without Jim KI7Y, Hank KR7X for his morning visits, and
Phil KB6MW keeping us company all weekend...

and, interesting to have Alex KU1CW here, but also submitting a log from SV1 hi
hi!  Alex DOES get around!

Station played well, minimum of attention needed, and I think we worked
everything we heard.

Looking forward to WPX in a few weeks ... thanks to all

73 Kevin K7ZS
Trustee for KT7E, Portland Radio Contester Club, a "Sub Club" of the
Willamette Valley DX Club