[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA3DF SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 08:38:56 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:   22     4
-------------------
Total:  945   284  Total Score = 805,140

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Can't complain as I beat last year's score by 300K. Actually, after the first 24
hours of the contest I was within 10K of last year's total score.

Spent a considerable amount of time chasing technical issues during the
contest, some real, some imagined (it's a long story)!

On a somewhat related topic, Friday PM the postman dropped off my tax assessment
for 2020. I knew taxes were going up but was staggered by the amount of the
increase - 44%. Turns out my tower had been assessed a value of 47K and I was
being taxed for the tower in the mistaken belief that I ran a commercial
operation. I really can't share the words that were spoken after reading the
notice but do take solace in the knowledge that things should be corrected this
week.

As usual, it's a jungle out there...

73,

Doug