[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RE(@K1LZ/W2RE) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 14:48:53 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: K1LZ/W2RE

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Remote Operation

   20: 2526   120
Total: 2526   120  Total Score = 895,320

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Wow!

In all my years of operating this is my first participation in a single band
effort other than 10M or 160M. This was quite enjoyable!

As many of you know we have built a huge audience around the world watching our
LIVE streaming on Facebook, Youtube and TwitchTV called “MorningDX with Ray
W2RE". Since Jan 1 of this year we have over 2.3 million video views
worldwide from hams, SWL and ordinary folks on Facebook watching us work DX from
around the world. Many followers asked If we would do a live presentation to
promote contesting someday. Well, the opportunity presented itself when the
Jonesport station became available, to make the presentation easy a casual
operation was planned streaming it live with the basic RHR logger. While the RHR
logger is functionally perfect to log QSO’s, it's a far cry from a true
contest logger. My only intentions this weekend was to RUN, RUN, RUN and show
the World how W2RE does it! After converting the log this morning to contest
software, I was surprised to have worked 2526 X 120 countries by just running
other than Friday night. My frequency was not visible during the presentation
which on Saturday was 14155 for 12 hours and 14153 for 13 hours, I never moved.
With nearly 100K check-ins over the weekend between Facebook, TwitchTV and
Youtube they watched the greatest ham radio show ever! :)

My operation was from W1/Jonesport and REMOTE. This station is new and a joint
effort between Krassy K1LZ and I. We spend Sept/Oct building it with nearly 200
hours to get (5) towers up to nearly 200’ on the Atlantic in Maine. We worked
like “dogs”!.  Nobody on the face of this earth is as serious as Krassy! We
make for the perfect team - one of my friends said: “Dyna and Mite just got
together”. In the Spring/Summer the K1LZ team and W2RE team will put the final
touches to get this station ready for CQWW! It will be like no other! Here is
where we are today from start to current status:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ui79t2jFo95b29et6

Here is the MASSIVE 40M array at 190’ that KRASSY built from the eyes of a
drone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvv_td_DGGM Krassy thinks BIG! In Maine
40M is open 24/hrs a day to EUROPE!

The station is using the RemoteHamRadio remote technology. Lee WW2DX and
Rockwell WW1X work endless hours providing the best remote experience anywhere
and vital to the success of remote contesting! We still have BIG plans at the
Eastport station that NR3X (N4YDU) operated this weekend to an awesome score!.

Here is two videos from the weekend -

Day #1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLA0lDkp4vM
1000z - 188/hr
1100z - 204/hr

Day #1 (JA run) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLA0lDkp4vM - 200 JA’s on
Saturday night!

The additional videos can be found on Youtube and TwitchTV.

Thanks to all the Europeans and JA’s that made it into my log! Special thanks
to all my friends in the United Kingdom operating under the 10W foundation
license (M3, M6 and M7), you specially made it a fun weekend!

Station #1 K3+ 1500w
5/5/5 @ 175/123/71. Top antenna rotates.

Station #2 Flex 6500 Expert 1K amp 1200w
GXP tribander Stacks @ 160/125/90/55

IMHO, I think a serious effort SO2R - real contest software would have netted
3000 Q’s on 20M this weekend!

73,

73, Ray Higgins
W2RE.com