[3830] ARRLDX SSB AJ6T SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 12 21:57:26 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4:58

   15:  71     32
Total:  71     32  Total Score = 6,816

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

My station is not setup yet at my new QTH in Tennessee.  I wound up operating
with a 15 meter wire delta loop in a tree.  The only operational rig at hand was
an old FT726R with an HF module that covers 15, 12 and 10 meters.  I decided to
operate single band on 15 meters with 10 watts output, and had a lot of fun
doing that even though it was often difficult to be heard.  I was pleased to
work a few Europeans on Saturday.  As expected most of the propagation was to
the Caribbean and South America.  The vast majority of stateside stations were
heard via weak backscatter.  I managed to make 71 QSOs in 32 countries, and I
was satisfied with that given the station I was able to cobble together.
73, Walt, AJ6T