[3830] Commonwealth VE9CB SO-Open-24 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 15 06:22:52 EDT 2020

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: VE9CB
Operator(s): VE9CB
Station: VE9CB

Class: SO-Open-24 HP
QTH: New Brunswick

Total:  758  Total Score = 7,410

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Breakdown:
80m 173q 44b
40m 242q 59b
20m 315q 51b
15m  28q 17b
10m   0q  0b
------------
All 758q 171b = 7,410

This beats my scores from 2018 and 2019.

I have tribanders on two towers.  Neither rotator is turning, but the beams are
in good directions: one on Europe and the other on ZL and eastern VK.  Other
directions are harder to work, so collecting bonuses was harder than usual.

Conditions were farily good considering the low Solar Flux.  They will only
improve over the next few years.

I was plagued by some very persistent non-BERU callers, one of whom wrote me a
couple of pathetic emails whingeing about me not answering him.  I did tell him
to QRT after ignoring his many, many calls.  Wehn you make a directional call,
like CQ BERU, or CQ Africa, people not in that area should not answer.  It's
just rude.