[3830] Commonwealth VE3NNT SO(A)-Open-24 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 15 13:48:52 EDT 2020

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO(A)-Open-24 HP
QTH: FN14cm
Remote Operation

Total:  591  Total Score = 6,495

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Besides the usual challenges of operating remote, with jitter and dropouts, I
have a particular noise (that sounds like ignition noise)at the cottage that
suddenly comes and goes, usually for several minutes, that stayed all day
Saturday. I suspect the utility transformer on the pole to the north west of our
lot. This resulted in S6 noise to the north west on 20m, but a more manageable
S3 to Europe.

Overall, I'm happy with the results. It's a big improvement over my results from
the past 2 years.