[3830] OkQP N8II SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 17 20:19:21 EDT 2020

                    Oklahoma QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:
   80:    9      0
   40:   74     21
   20:   76     38
----------------------------
Total:  159     59      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 40,460

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Always check the website of your QSO party. My reference source showed the party
starting at 15Z. I could easily have been ready at 14Z; a bummer of a way to
start.
For the record they always start at 0900 Central time, whether CST or CDT. Also,
I think the N1MM+ time calculation is wrong; it had the test starting at 13Z.
I probably was on at least 10 hours.

The mobiles really made the difference in keeping my interest at a decent level.
It is a topsy turvy year when my Q's in OK QP exceed NC. Thanks to a long stay
by K5CM, I got rare CIM/TEX before he left despite the late start. All of the
mobiles provided many counties that were otherwise impossible. Many thanks to
Con/Pam K5CM for the most Q's and mults. I was able to work them 4 times (40/20
both modes) on several multi-county lines. Many thanks also to Bob and Lorna
W0BH/K0WHY for their 750 mile one day journey. Bill(N0AC)N5C/M and W5YO/M from
the AR Razorback Club provided many QSO's and were much appreciated. Very few
Q's were not S&P. The spots made it a lot easier, but I missed some or was
taking time off which cost some counties. 40 was barely open from here from
about 17Z-21Z; thanks for digging me out. 20 was open well most of the time, but
activity died around 22-23Z Saturday. W5YO was still loud at 2354Z.

Thanks for the Q's and congrats to John N6MU for racking up all of those
counties and Q's with his Hustler vertical.

73, Jeff N8II