[3830] Rus DX K5GN(@W5KU) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 22 09:14:27 EDT 2020

                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX

  160:    48    0        22         2
   80:   140    0        47         7
   40:   414    0        78        26
   20:   491    0        86        48
   15:    60    0        20         0
   10:     6    0         5         0
Total:  1159    0       258        83  Total Score = 1,742,169

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Russia got a little closer this year with better polar propagation than last
year, but still seemed very far away from here.  And with everyone beaming
Russia and away from here, it was a struggle on 20m during the morning.  Much
better score than last year, but I spent too much time chasing mults and didn't
do enough running.  The running was not very productive anyway until late in the
evening on 40/80.  I guess I need more practice in the assisted mode. The log
says I was on the whole 24 hours, but there were a couple of lightning induced
pauses from the very slow moving warm front.  It provided about 4 hours of
steady rain static which made a mess of the late afternoon/evening.  Spring has
sprung and the winter quiet has been booted out of Texas. Beverages help but
don't negate all of the noise.  It was great to hear the world-wide activity,
though this would be a lot more fun with more W/VE and JA activity.  Amazing
scores at the coasts and in Europe!  Best news: no hardware failures this time!