[3830] Rus DX MM3AWD SO Mixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 22 15:55:23 EDT 2020

                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: New Deer Contest QTH
Operating Time (hrs): 21:46

  160:    0      0        0         0
   80:  332     18       41        31
   40:  232     45       42        31
   20:  270    181       40        53
   15:    8      1        7         0
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  842    245      130       115  Total Score = 1,396,255

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

A Very enjoyable weekend.
This is one of my favorite contests on the calender, followed by next weekends
WPX SSB.

I was active from my contest QTH for this one, i set everything up the day
before as i was off from work.
Due to forecast higher winds, i went with the Hexbeam on 10m Mast and 80m Full
wave loop arrangement.
For some reason i completely forgot about 160m Antenna and decided just to leave
it out when i realised it was a band part of the contest!

Weather was ok, forecast winds start to arrive mid way through the contest.

Contest was exceptional for me, i wanted to put in a serious effort after
missing last year with work and other commitments.

Never heard nothing on 10 and 15m only had a few spotlight openings this far
north. ( Im sure it will have been better for the guys in the south )
20m was an endless pit! Although i felt i left far too many Q's and Mults on the
table there.
As always i have no internet connection from the QTH there, so no chance to see
where all the mults are (contesting the old fashioned way & Field day style!
)

40m seemed rather strange and nowhere near as good as it has been over the past
few months.

With no 160m antenna, i spent most of the night on 80m and this is shown by the
higher Q total over the other bands.
The band was good, but not excellent, a lot of repeats requested at times due to
QRM and rapid QSB.

All in all very happy with the result, but this will be a contest i will look
back on as to what could and might have been, with so many mults and Q's left
out by missing 160 and having no internet to see spots!

Thanks for all the Q's and the patience picking me out sometimes.
QRP is great fun, but can be very frustrating at times.

Equipment:
Yaesu FT1000MP @5 Watts // Hexbeam @10m // 80m Full Wave Loop @20m
N1MM+ // A Cold field day style setup in a field on a hill.

Next weekend i will be active from the Contest QTH once again for WPX SSB.

All QSO Audio is uploaded to QSOrder

qsorder.hamradiomap.com

73, Scott
MM3AWD