[3830] WPX SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 20:57:37 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   40: 1789
   20: 1749

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

There was an hour there Sunday morning where every single station asked for
multiple fills on my number. Then there was the hour where stations would call
me, I would answer and they would disappear. Fortunately, there were lots of
hours with great rate, peppered with interesting DX.

20 opened late Sunday morning and 15 showed signs of a possible EU opening both
mornings, but except for a few big EA/CT stations, nothing much was heard.

Why do phone operators need to confirm the sent number by saying the number (and
often twice or thrice.) Can you imagine doing that on CW?

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT