[3830] WPX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 22:34:25 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 31:21

Club: Maui ARC

Comments:

>From my perspective, there were good conditions Friday, mediocre conditions
Saturday, and poor conditions Sunday.  We had an opening to EU Friday night that
was very unusual for us in this Cycle.  It allowed my first SSB contacts with EU
in a long time.  Unfortunately, it was only into Eastern EU and Russia and never
got to the Central and Western countries.  We did have short 10 meter openings
both Saturday and Sunday around 2200Z which were nice surprises.  Unfortunately,
only a few stations were checking 10 at that time, so there were lost
opportunities.  Sunday morning I started having antenna problems, which had an
impact on my scoring. I still have not figured out what went wrong.  Overall,
given where we are in the Cycle, I had fun, am happy with my score, and look
forward to next year.  Thanks for all the Qs.  Aloha, Kent