[3830] WPX SSB N4NQY SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 22:36:41 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N4NQY
Operator(s): N4NQY
Station: N4NQY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Evergreen, VA

Total:  21  Prefixes = 19  Total Score = 627

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

all anticipation and no follow through. 48 hours with no place to go.   Friday
night did not really go well.  Foot switch went south, VOX doesn't cut it in a
contest.  I persevered.  Saturday wasn't much better.  I heard a lot of signals
but they didn't hear my 100w.  I blame the Flex.  It hears stuff you cant work.
Got us early Sunday and low and behold I heard nobody. until mid day.  Half
halfheartedly worked a few more and quit at supper when it was hard to make
another contact to get me above 20.  There is always the next contest but I
think I finally learned that I don't have the station to compete with the big
guns.  I do quite well in low power contests.  Feels like an even laying field.
I;ll stick to working the loud ones.  Time to quit gripping.