[3830] WPX SSB W4GE SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 22:45:39 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SC

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Always a fun contest.  Conditions were decent but not great, with a lot of T
storm noise coming in from the Midwest on 80m.  Transequitorial propagation
allowed many SA stations into the fray.  My pennant loop antennas worked very
well on 160,  80, and 40m. All search and pounce, following the red multipliers
on N1MM+.

As always, even while staying in place for the great Covid pandemic, I still had
many social commitments.  How does this always happen?  Now its facetime, Zoom
meetings, Zoom happy hours, and family.

Thanks to all heard me and answered my calls.  Best wishes to all for the days
ahead.  Say healthy and pay attention to the doctors and scientists, not our
politicians: they haven't a clue.

Rick, W4GE

Rig:  K3/P3s, KPA1500, Acom 1500.

TX Antennas: 80m 1/4wave vertical for 80, base loaded for 160m, 40m 1/4wave
vertical with elevated radials, K4KIO Hex beam at 35 ft.

RX antennas:  Pixel loop, East and NW pennants, N/S RBOG, HI-Z triangular array.