[3830] WPX SSB LY5W SOSB40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 30 04:36:44 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: LY5W
Operator(s): LY5W
Station: LY5W

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: KO15TA

   40: 1183

Club: Vytautas Magnus Univ Radio Club

Comments:

I would like to say good words to my neighboors, they understood what their LEDs
doing me very angry and I had no QRM this time.
I want to thank everyone for the QSO. All QSOs are uploaded to LoTW and OQRS.

Kenwood TS-590, 2el Moxon Yagi and Delta Loop - easy switching.

Story:
Before the contest, I couldn't decide which category to participate in. I jumped
from band to band and didn't decide. Started 40m. Yes, I stayed. That was my
right decision. The result was quite good.

I didn't expect Eastern Asian stations to respond to my CQ. This was my mistake
the first day. They didn't even near me when I called them. In result I had -
zero JAs, VKs, YBs. So the next day I spent a lot of time calling CQ. It was
hard, but I changed frequencies often, it was beneficial. Even on clear
frequencies, I had problems because the powerful European stations on the side
were completely covering my signal. After good opening next day I logged 6 - BY,
7 - JA, 2 - 9M2, 1 - VK, 5 - YB stations.
Strange propagation to N.America. They absolutelly ignore my CQ, but sometimes
hear
me, when I calling them. Best hours - 21-23z and early morning hour just after
my sunrise. We even talked few minutes with Alex KU1CW (7 area and both low
power) with s8 signal and 2 others came to my CQ - KT7E, VE5MX. West Coast came
to my CQ, when nobody from East coast.

You'll see it in country statistics.

New Lithuania record claimed. This was my goal.

All contest time I was online cqcontest.net
Statistics:
CountryPrefix, 7, Tot, Accum
4X, 5, 5, 5
5B, 2, 2, 7