[3830] WPX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 30 10:22:12 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN

   20: 1203

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time to put in decent hours in this contest since 1976.  NCAA basketball
always takes priority.  I did not plan on putting in much time because of
several factors-I've had a nagging cough for over a week, didn't want to lose
any sleep and storms were predicted for Friday night and all day Saturday.  So I
thought I would start off strong on Friday night get a good night's sleep and
get on about 10 Saturday morning which I did.  I got off to a slow start when
after about 5 Q's a European told me the contest didn't start for an hour-duh!
I forgot about the time change obviously I wondered why I was able to get 7131
with no competition.

I quit on time Friday night after decent runs on 40 and 80.  I got on about 10
Saturday morning and had a decent run on 20 and then band kind of died and the
storms started.  The storms came and went several times so I was off and on and
didn't spend a lot of time on Saturday. I did manage to get my 7500+ steps in
both days (storms helped).  Quit again about 1 am and got up about 10 on Sunday.
 Got a good frequency for some reason and had a super good run on 20 until the
end.  I did take a lunch break but other than that I was on all day Sunday with
very good rates and had fun.  Toward the end I was hoping to finally work a
bunch of JA prefixes but worked only 9 JA's total.

During the Sunday run (a lot of U.S.) I was thinking how bad that would be if
the 0 point rule for same country Q's had not been changed.  There were a lot of
new U.S. prefixes that made things interesting.

Thanks for all the new guys/gals who got on and made this fun.  Thanks for all
the repeats as at times the QRM and QRN was bad.

Thanks to Terry for his 7 years of managing this good contest and thanks to CQ
for sponsoring it.

   Continent List  W9RE 2020 WPX SSB

                   160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =      4   259   505   548     7     0     0     0     0   1323
  VE calls    =      2    44    78    85     0     0     0     0     0    209
  N.A. calls  =      0     5     6    22     5     0     0     0     0     38
  S.A. calls  =      0     4    10    50    58     0     0     0     0    122
  Euro calls  =      0    82   211   548    19     0     0     0     0    860
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     4     5     1     0     0     0     0     10
  Asia calls  =      0     0     8     8     1     0     0     0     0     17
  JA calls    =      0     0     0     9     0     0     0     0     0      9
  Ocen calls  =      0     0     2     8     0     0     0     0     0     10

  Unknowns    =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0

  Total calls =      6   394   824  1283    91     0     0     0     0   2598