[3830] WPX SSB EB8AH(EA8RM) SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 31 00:45:09 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: EB8AH
Operator(s): EA8RM
Station: EA8RM

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: LAS PALMAS

   20: 1010

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

Hi folks !
This time, like in the RDXC, i had to operate from home due the
"lockdown".
The contest it was extremely slow during the first 24h. With huge splatters from
EU on 40m band it was IMPOSSIBLE to be heard in EU when CQing. The only way to
work some stations it was S&P or well to QSY to 80m band.  Just worked 94EU
and 247NA stations on 40, being closer to EU, 3 times more stations from NA than
EU. Looks like having 100KHz more than few years ago it is still not good
enough.

On Sunday, 10 and 15 opened with huge signals from all EU and a lot of "new
callsings" specially from countries with lock down. More than 500 calls
from my log are not in the Master call file. Looks like many people removed the
dust from the radio, they switched on the radio and started again to enjoy the
bands, keeping the band completely full of signals even on 10 and 15.

So the question is, The bands are usually empty because we really have no
propagation or just  we have not enough activity on the bands?

Setup:
1 Radio + 1KW
10,15,20m  2 Elements Tribander
40m Rotative dipole