[3830] WPX SSB IO4C(IZ4DPV) SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 31 15:55:14 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: IO4C
Operator(s): IZ4DPV
Station: IZ4DPV

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: BASTIA

   80: 1981

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Wow ..... first activity in 80mt from home with new BVG system in RX and a 1/4
vertical antenna raised from the ground with 8 radials.
As a first test I wanted to test it during the wpx ssb to understand if the RX
system was able to meet my needs and I must say that I am very happy with it.
the first hour of the contest was a lot of fun with a rate above 150qso / h then
it remained constant above 120qso / h.
on Saturday afternoon / evening I worked a lot in Europe and during the night I
had a beautiful opening with the US and the Caribbean towards dawn.
I was very surprised by the beautiful qso with ZM1A and with two VK stations
both with signals above the s8 and to finish the qso with FP5AC as the last
surprise.
I never expected so many qso around 2000 with this setup which will surely have
quite heavy improvements.
Thanks to everyone who connected me and congratulations to OK7W for the
excellent result.
see you next time
73' IO4C @ IZ4DPV