[3830] WPX SSB K9FRO SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 31 17:28:00 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K9FRO
Operator(s): K9FRO
Station: K9FRO

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: EM69VO

Thoughts of societal breakdown due to virus lock down got me thinking about ham
radio so I dusted off my equipment that's been in boxes since moving to a new
QTH about 18 months ago. I threw my G5RV up in the trees, ran the feed line
through the kitchen window and sat in the kitchen in front of my TS-940S all
weekend playing radio, much to the delight of my wife.  This was the 3rd contest
I've participated in (CQWW and ARRL Sweepstakes, both in 2015).  This was the
most contacts made yet. Conditions weren't great but I did manage 23 DX entities
outside US and Canada.  Fun times.  Now working on a more permanent set up to
continue to improve my station and skillset.