[3830] WPX SSB N7GP SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 31 18:15:19 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N7GP
Station: N7GP

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: arizona

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Did not have to work late Friday so was able to start on time,for once.
And Murphy did not visit,, I ran him out of town after ARRL SSB DX,
Conditions were fair on all bands , and lots of people on the air, I think due
to stay at home orders for covid-19 virus.
Thrill of the contest for me was working Outlaw Pres DU6/N6SS on 80 meters the
first night and he gave me #13,, so I figured that was a good sign..its my Lucky
Number!!
Most perplexing contact for me was Tim ND7K, I heard a watery signal on 20
meters Sunday afternoon using that call and was able to wok him no problem,, but
could not think who it was. Even after the contest I went on qrz.com and read
the info,, and still had me perplexed,
Did not figure it out until Tim posted his score!! Great Score from the new
location..
Still learning low band contesting,,I need to improve my  time management with
36 hours and the right time periods to be  on when the band is open to AZ on the
big money bands 40 and 80 meters....
As Always it was a lot of fun and excitement!!
Go OUTLAWS!!
Tom
N7GP
ex WA8WZG