[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VE3DS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 2 14:58:06 EDT 2020

                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: VE3DS
Operator(s): VE3DS
Station: VE3DS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN03FQ

Total:  QSOs = 36  Max Dist(km) = 524  Total Score = 3,882

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Spent the last 2 day fixing my 2304 transverter, the Apollo board had lost
lock..it was an old Apollo1 which needed to be programmed using Windows XP! Some
fun there ... dig out old PC, old HDD old software. Probably should have just
put a new Digilo in ...but got it fixed. But broke the 5.7G power connection
somehow ... grrr.
Conditions started out above normal in the early morning but as the cloud moved
in the temp dropped and things gradually shifted to below normal particularly
out to the east. Nice to work K1RZ on 902 and ve3zv, va3ele/r and ve3fhm/r on
3456. The bottom 4 with ve3zv. Squeaked in one last grid with seconds to spare
with VA3TO/R En93xa! Good to get all the guys in Western New York as well N2WK,
N2YB, K2UA, NR2C, K2OS also!!Thanks to K8RZ for 33 and 23 cm wish we could have
worked on 2304 and 3456.
Great fun, nice to find conditions better than the VHF sprints... CU in
June...Dana VE3DS