[3830] 7QP KJ5T SO(A)CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 3 01:32:40 EDT 2020

                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2020

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SO(A)CW QRP
QTH: TX

----------------------------
Total:   13     0       0  Mults = 10  Total Score = 260

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Probably my first ever 7QP and it is my first ever CW entry in any contest.   I
have been spending my free time in "lockdown" re-learning code.  I had
a sked at 0000z tonight with Steve/WB2WIK and after that decided to tune around.
 It was a lot of listening to get the call and exchange before I tried to call
the station.  I started out sending by hand with my old MFJ-564 paddles, but I
can only send 12-15WPM.  I did crank it up to 18WPM when I worked W6OAT, I
really do hope it ended up getting my call correctly because I know I sent is
sloppy a couple of times.

Finally decided to relax and let the KX2 do the work at sending 20WPM so when I
worked N7AT and the few after that it was the KX2 generating the dits and dahs.

Antenna is my end-fed wire on my 3rd floor balcony and was running 5 watts with
the KX2, so not everyone I heard was able to copy me.  I do want to thank those
who did pull me out and were forgiving about the my sending skills before I
switched to the computer sending.

73 de KJ5T