[3830] ARI KU2M SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 3 13:56:10 EDT 2020

                    ARI International DX Contest - 2020

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ

   80:   27              5      23
   40:  101     12      43      70
   20:  172     34     133      98
   15:           7               2
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  300     53     181     193  Total Score = 539,821

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I like the "decathlon" multi-mode aspect of the ARI contest. Of
course, my score probably could have been higher had I confined activity to CW,
where there was most activity and rates are usually better (especially compared
to RTTY!), but I find it fun to bounce between modes.

Disappointing activity on phone, but not surprising. These days, digital
technologies - skimmers, etc - have made CW and digital more appealing (most of
the time) and it seems to this dinosaur that a good deal of the ham population
has abandoned SSB. FT8 in particular seems to have decimated phone activity.
It's all about texting, folks.

Meanwhile, the weekend contest wars continue, and this weekend was no exception,
with the 7th Call Area QSO party (and others) going full steam, with plenty of
overlap in all band segments. Kept getting calls from people for QSO party
contacts, even though I was calling "CQ ARI TEST." One guy called me
and then gave me "MI" for a serial number.

Sorry Charlie, wrong contest!