[3830] NewEngQP W1HIS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 3 21:31:14 EDT 2020

                    New England QSO Party - 2020

Call: W1HIS
Operator(s): W1HIS
Station: W1HIS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA

   80:    178        0
   40:    319        0
   20:    185       36
   15:      7        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    689       36  Mults = 70  Total Score = 98,700

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

After operating remotely for NEQP in 2018 and 2018, I dusted off my home station
for this one.  All the big stuff (transceiver, amp, feedline, antenna system
tuner, and antenna) survived my absence just fine; but MANY little things
(directional power meter, keyer, keyboard, mouse, USB ports/sockets/plugs and
virtual serial ports -- misbehaved and required time-consuming trouble-shooting
and fixing.  Still, operating hands-on was easier and less frustrating than
operating remotely.

As usual, my multiband sloping doublet antenna, 70 ft long and 30 ft high,
kicked butt, especially on the low bands.  -Chuck W1HIS