[3830] NewEngQP WB8WKQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 3 22:46:44 EDT 2020

                    New England QSO Party - 2020

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     59       13
   40:     72       47
   20:     25        0
------------------------
Total:    156       60  Mults = 51  Total Score = 18,972

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Well, what a long weekend of QP contesting!  I usually just concentrate on the
INQP on Saturday and then just "play" in the New England one, on
Sunday.  But with the QP Challenge, the philosophy changes to "how can I
maximize total Q's?"  So, even on Saturday, I was dabbling in this fine
contest, while running three others.  With my limited computer skills, that
posed a logistical problem in terms of juggling all four QPs.  I've really come
to like this QP, because I seem to have decent propagation into the New England
area, at least on 40 and 80.  Going low power, is a bit more of a challenge, but
still very fun.  I was lucky enough to find some short skip on 20M on Sunday for
20-some Q's on CW, which greatly helped.  I guess one tries to compete against
oneself each year, and in that aspect, I was pleased in that I beat last years
score by about 20%.  Not sure if that was "my skills" or just way more
participation with everyone being on lockdown and in the shack.  Either way, it
made for a better contest.  I must admit, I got a bit complacent and slacked
quite a bit on Sunday.  Michigan doesn't get much nice weather, but this weekend
was unusually spectacular, so had to spend a bit of time outdoors. And, I had to
stop both days for all my traffic handling nets and duties.  Thanks for all the
Q's and all the folks who put on this fine contest!