[3830] NewEngQP W3EP/1 Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 4 16:08:43 EDT 2020

                    New England QSO Party - 2020

Call: W3EP/1
Operator(s): W3EP
Station: W3EP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NLN CT

------------------------
Total:    1150      0  Mults = 84  Total Score = 192,500

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My logging program does not support NEQP, so I had to make do with another
option. It logged OK, but could not compile break downs of any sort or ID dupes
in real time or the summary. Total QSOs adjusted for dupes (which seemed quite
high for running the entire contest) and penalties is a reasonable estimate and
total multipliers were hand-counted from the log. Next year I will use a proper
logging program!

I decided to use W3EP/1 to eliminate some confusion about my location, even if
that added a bit of time to most QSOs. That seemed to work very well and had not
one request for repeat of the exchange.

Conditions on Saturday were good and I had several 100+ hours, which was rare
for me. Activity was a considerably less on Sunday and consequently the hourly
rates fell to more like half that. Missed only ND among the states, but perhaps
the lone JA made up for that. I was surprised to be able to run stations on 80m
with a low inverted-Vee. Great fun all-in-all.

-Emil W3EP