[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VA3ELE/R Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 8 21:07:47 EDT 2020

                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: VA3ELE/R
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VA3ELE/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 32  Max Dist(km) = 265  Total Score = 3,453

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Conditions seemed up at beginning,but, I lost most of that time troubleshooting
902 and 1296 after it suddenly went deaf. Well after a little while it dawned on
me that I had dumped 50 watts into the 1296 transverter( maybe 902 as well). I
could not get them back up but still tried to make some QSOs regardless, it was
painful hearing reports of 60 over s9 when I can barely hear the other station.
Oh well, life went on. On the bright side, had a blast working Hugh VA3TO on
47GHz over a 104KM path, our best so far. Lots of 10GHz QSOs too but, no great
distances. Thanks to all that managed to work me this time around, Ill get my
act straight eventually, hopefully before June contest.

After troubleshooting 902, it turns out I had a bad jumper cable between the
transverter's RX port and the filter, too bad i found that AFTER the contest was
over. Also tried a BBQ wifi grid dish for 2304 for the first time, it worked
really great and had excellent reports and it seemed to RX quite well too. The
3456 was marginal(need to investigate) and 5760 yielded no QSOs. 24GHz seems to
be working very well, although I only worked VA3TO on the band, he was super
loud on the 104km path. Since loosing so much time on troubleshooting, I only
made 2 of the 3 planned grids, FN03au and EN93wv. After the contest I made it to
EN94va to give Andy K0SM a new grid via Rain Scatter.

Breakdown of bands:
BAND   -  #QSOs    -  DX(KM)
902        3          104
1296       7          142
2304       5          107
3456       3          107
5760       0           0
10G        11         265
24G        2          104
47G        1          104

Thanks to the organizers for doing such a great job in keeping this going.

73 de Peter
VA3ELE/R