[3830] ArQP K8TE SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 9 22:18:23 EDT 2020

                    Arkansas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: Rio Rancho NM

   80:    1
   40:   30     17
   20:   36     12
----------------------------
Total:   67     29      0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 6,300

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

As always, thanks to all Arkansas participants for the contacts, especially
K5CM/m with whom I made 12!  I caught Bob, N4CD, in another 9 counties!  Both
had big pileups and it was fun breaking those.  Despite a part-time effort, and
considering the number of AR participants on 80, 40, and 20m I could hear, I was
pleased with 98 contacts and 42 mults.  I had hoped to break 100, but there
weren’t enough stations I could work for that.

With just 28 AR callsigns (and a few others who missed the fact I called CQ AR)
in my log, it was challenging to run up a significant score, especially with
limited time available.  But, it’s always fun to chase ops in QSO parties.  I
know how challenging it is to motivate folks to get on-the-air.  It’s also
challenging for many who have compromised antennas.  With just low dipoles and
high noise, I’ll take what I can get.

I had already worked or activated all AR counties so that task wasn’t
necessary.  I was able to make some recordings for upcoming presentations.
I’ll use those to demonstrate what works and what doesn’t work well.  There
was a wide spectrum (pun intended) of skills demonstrated.  It takes courage to
operate a contest when you’re new and inexperienced.  Thanks for those who
took the gauntlet—thanks!  73, Bill, K8TE