[3830] 50SprngSprnt N6GP/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 10 22:50:04 EDT 2020

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: N6GP/R
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: ORG

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is my annual dress rehearsal for the June VHF Contest.  I updated 2
programs on my computer to test, and they worked fine.
Started in DM13 in the parking lot above the Diamond Bar Center, which is
normally full or closed due to events.  Lower lot closed due to COVID-19.  The
site is a little higher, and worked well going west, going all the way to
Oxnard.  No Sporadic E skip the entire sprint.  The big news is that 6m SSB is
back in So Calif.  LOTS of people to work on phone, as opposed to FT8. Made 29
Qs on SSB vs 19 FT8.  Lets keep this up in June!  Many new callsigns, and there
was one I was glad to help look up his grid for him.
I went to the Wendy's on Temple by the 57, because there was no parking by the
Egyptian Church on the hill.  Rate had dwindled to nothing there with 75 minutes
left, so I made the snap decision to add DM03 to my rove. I drove in front of a
well known ham in Garden Grove and operated there, and picked up a bunch of
mults and Q's.  See you all in the June VHF!   73,  Tim N6GP/R