[3830] ArQP K1RO SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 11 17:27:18 EDT 2020

                    Arkansas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   13      3
   40:   35     22
   20:   41     39      1
----------------------------
Total:   89     64      1  Mults = 47  Total Score = 14,315

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Score includes bonus points for 8 contacts with WR5P and 6 with W5YO.

I didn't intend to operate much in this contest, but it was snowing when I got
up Saturday and temps never got out of the low 30s, so it was easy to stay
inside. Once I heard N4CD and K5CM mobile, I knew it would be a fun day. Plus I
recently started county hunting and need many Arkansas counties. The bonus
stations and good home station activity added to the fun.

I had some success on 40 meter CW at the start, although it was spotty until
late afternoon. Signals on 20 were excellent most of the day. I was really
surprised to work N4CD and K5CM during the day on 40 at a couple of their stops.
Signals were in and out of the noise, but they picked me out. My last 20 meter
contact was at 2210 with K5CM. The band was still open, but nobody new left to
work. But 40 wast starting to pick up and I was able to start working stations
on SSB as well as CW.

Ended up with 36 Qs/16 counties from K5CM, and 14 Qs/10 counties from N4CD. I
took a break for lunch and a run to the dump, and missed Bob at one of his
stops.

I really like these one-day QSO parties. There is enough activity to keep it
interesting and it leaves time for other weekend activities.