[3830] WPX CW K6KM SO(A)AB Rookie HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 19:23:57 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K6KM
Operator(s): K6KM
Station: K6KM

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: Rookie
QTH: CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My first WPX CW from a Small Pistol station. A year ago I didn't know how to
send an "e". IC7300 onto a vertical AV680 and KPA500. My goal was to
operate 36 hours and reach 700 QSOs. Didn't make it quite there. My body gave up
the first night and missed the full bands. Next day it was slower. Learning
experience for me. I might have made some mistakes given deep QSB and limited
reception here.
Highlight was 160m QSOs on my non-160m vertical with NR6O and two other locals.
Could not pinpoint prefix multipliers, nothing to aim in my station. Worked
everybody I could.
Family is relieved it's over :-)