[3830] WPX CW NN5P(K5PI) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 20:47:38 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NN5P
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

   40: 1052
   20: 1130

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first fill-time WPX in a number of years.  The W5KFT station was in
good shape except for a rotator that I had to turn blind.

My buddy K5TR said activity on SSB weekend was through the roof, so I had high
hopes.  It was quite good, but no huge rate hours.

I tried to maximize points and so ran 40 both nights.  My overall QSO total is
down, but my points-per-QSO is up.

It was fun to play on 10M a bit both days, but there was no real DX potential so
went back to 15 and 20.

15M was good on Saturday.  But it was GREAT on Sunday.  I really needed a
siesta, but it just kept going and going and going with lots of EU.

I'm pretty handy with N1MM, but when it comes to SO2R, I really like good old
TR-LOG.  It has its quirks, but it's hard to beat on ergonomics, and I've got a
lot of muscle memory.  Anyway, I decided to try N1MM for SO2R, and I think it
was generally a success.  There are a lot of things to like, and while I
certainly had some fumbles, it definitely makes sense.  Sorry if I CQ-bombed
your run frequency when trying to give you an S&P call.  Doh!  Get those
modes right!